Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cub's Gymnastic class

Here is my buddy Max with me while we watch Caleb. It is hard for him because he just wants to run out and do everything his big brother is doing.
Below, Caleb is the tiny boy in the corner of the room. He is standing on a plank and about to jump into the foam blocks. This is probably his favorite part of the class. He is pretty fearless and has jumped from even higher before. He usually lets out some type of yell when he jumps. We get a kick out of watching it.









Caleb's teacher usually has cute activities for them to do while they are waiting for their turn... He is doing his abc puzzle.


They roll back on this and land on their hands to flip over.



Here, posing for my shot:)















Swinging and climbing on the rope. He had a hard time doing this at first, but he just kept trying and finally was able to get to the top. (The teacher is always helping too)


Caleb still has another year after this one before he goes to school, so instead of two years of preschool, I decided to sign him up for a gymnastic class. This gymnastics class is the best ever!! It is in USU's gymnastics team's room and there is only one other child who ever comes to it with him, so he gets lots of individual attention (which he loves). It really is more like an obstacle course class for him, because the whole hour he just gets to try new tricks and jump on things. I love it. He is always waving, blowing kisses, winking, or giving me a thumbs up throughout his class. It is pretty fun to watch. He knows it is at the same school his Dad goes to so now he asks, "which day do I go to my school?" It makes him feel pretty good:) These are some pics from one of his classes. I just love this kid so much!

9 comments:

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

That's such a good idea to do gymnastics instead of two years of pre school. I love that he's always blowing kisses and stuff. Aren't kids the best.

BTW, my best time of my mission was when I lived with you guys. Thanks for getting up to exercise with me.

Katy said...

That is AWESOME!!!! what a fun class, looks like he's a total pro too! That's so cool that you have Caleb enrolled in something so great!

La Familia Mata said...

Love it! How fun for him. So Caleb is starting K in the fall of 2011? I'm not sure when I'll start Mali. Her August birthday makes it tough. Thinking of waiting until 2012. I just seems so weird that her and Caleb would be in different grades when they are so close in age. Hope all are doing well.

The Hanselmann Family said...

That is tons of fun. I wold love to get Nathan into something like that. Tell him form me that he does such a good job with his awesome tricks!

Anna Dutson said...

How fun! These pictures bring back memories of my days of gymnastics in that same room.

Powell Family said...

That is so cute! I remember when Rhett was that big and we had him in a Gymnastics class. It was so fun to watch him! I really need to get Ky signed up for one. I did the same thing and didnt put him in preschool this year so I have been trying to think of something for him to do! Great idea!

Débora G. said...

Hello!

I am Brazilian and my cousin is at "cirque du soleil". She began practicing gymnastics since childhood equal your
son.
They are beautiful, congratulations

www.deboragumiero.blogspot.com

Piepee said...

How awesome for him. Give the boys hugs for us.

Alyssa said...

He looks so cute- and such a good idea. You look beautiful. . .as always!