Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Baby News:

So apparently, I am destined to have big babies. If you see me now, you wouldn't think I was overly large for a 9 month pregnant woman. (I'm not quite 38 weeks yet, and 40 weeks is full term for pregnancies. Also, they say the baby gains a pound a week the last few weeks or so.) My doctor says I measure normal everytime.
Well, today was our ultrasound to scan the baby's growth and it turns out he is already 9 lbs! Yeah. Can you imagine if he went two more weeks? So we are definitely going to have the baby this week. My doc says she will call me to let me know, but it will probably still be on the 5th. The news is somewhat of a relief, though, because I really feel ready and the thought of another 2 weeks is maddening. I guess we'll keep you posted. We feel so blessed to have another little one, and we can't wait to meet Max!

5 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

I can't wait either! Good luck! My last was over 9 lbs. Not that comfortable. In reality, 6 lbs. wasn't so hot either. Hope to see Max soon too. Hopefully all goes smoothly. We are keeping you in our prayers!

Carly said...

oh my...good luck and can't wait to see pictures. Hope all goes smoothly and FAST.

La Familia Mata said...

You look great and I am so excited for you. I hope all goes well and that you are feeling good. Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you. SERIOUS!! I would love to help out in anyway. Best of luck. Can't wait to see you Max!

Dianne said...

Wow. That's coming quick. I hope his arrival is also speedy. Good luck! Please let me know if I can do anything for you. We'll keep you in our prayers for sure, but we can come down if you need anything. You'll do GREAT!!

Alyssa said...

Ahhh, how exciting. I'll be thinking about you! I hope everything goes well.